查看: 1002|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[学校] 【正能量】一封成功让我申诉到伯克利的Appeal Letter

[复制链接]

初中生

跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2015-4-27 15:20:48 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
今天,小编就给大家八到了大名鼎鼎的huffington post上一位成功申诉到UC Berkeley(加州大学伯克利分校)的同学的文章(由于版权和篇幅原因,翻译有缩减)。申请不成功,你还可以申诉,为自己争取最后的机会。
UC Berkeley是我的dream school。
我在高三那年的11月份申请了它。
那个春天,我收到了招生办一封很薄的信。我走到车库打开它,期待着得到好消息。我想着这封薄薄的信会告诉我,我未来一大群UC Berkeley的同学的笑脸正在向我迎来,或者我已经可以在网上看到他们了?
不是的。我被拒绝了。
我决定要对招生办的这个决定appeal(申诉)。我知道几率很小:伯克利学生中只有不到1%的人是通过appeal进来的。更何况,我总觉得除非申请者的GPA被算错了或者SAT成绩忽然提高了很多,否则写appeal letter是没用的。而这两种有用的情况都不适用于我。
(非常感谢伯克利的公共事务办公室向我解释清了他们的申诉政策。一位官员说,虽然“成功的申诉人一般来讲会提供新的和有说服力的信息……那些申请材料中没有提到或正确解释的信息,”招生办不能肯定GPA或SAT的分数浮动是我申诉时决定是否录取的一部分。同样的,不论我对申诉成功的印象是什么,一个“对学生各方面的全面考察”才是他们的政策。
我的申诉信一气呵成。花了大概4个小时。我从头到尾读了一遍,然后打印了4份出来。我把一份给了招生办,另一份给了我在网上查到的一位Letters and Science学院的教授。另外两封我一份给了Dean,一份给了校长。除了我的父母和这些接收者,我还没有把这封信分享给过任何人。
我的信件如下,没有编辑过(小编只能登载很小的一部分在这里,欲求完整的appeal letter和该位同学申诉过程的文章,欢迎私信)

As I go from one activity to another, from tennis practice where I’m expected to lead the team as captain to musical practice (despite being musically inept, I have practiced numerous hours in the shower throughout my entire life, and plan to be the best Elisha J. Whitney Anything Goes has ever seen!), the disappointment and anxiety I feel at my denial to Berkeley continues. I realize that, like thousands of the other students who may be bewildered at an admission decision, I am simply used to trying my best and yielding the fruits of my labor. Life is full of ups and downs, successes and failures — even at the green age of 18 I understand this concept well, and realize I will experience my share of both in life. I realize this is not a failure. All the events and activities I have participated in have been due to sheer love and enjoyment, and my knowledge gained from such experiences will aid me always, whether I attend Harvard U or Clown College.Indeed, the colleges I have been accepted to are among some of the top schools as well, and I do feel proud of my options.

Author: Kevin F. Adler, Founder @HomelessPOV
Translated from Huffington Post
Pictures credit to Google Images

收藏收藏6 分享分享 赞赞赞!赞赞赞! 踩踩踩!踩踩踩! 新浪微博微博分享
厚仁官网:www.wholeren.com
厚仁微信:wholeren
您的留学梦 我们来守护!
回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

返回顶部