1框架
查看: 20966|回复: 616

[法律] 女儿被砸破头的妈妈,看这里

[复制链接]

博士后

发表于 2018-5-10 21:28:47 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
本帖最后由 wenjun0126 于 2018-5-11 22:15 编辑

更新
看到那位妈妈说,学校认定此次是accident,并非incident,从而推卸责任。此次保障权益的纠责重点不是(1)老师为什么没有预见可能的后果保护好孩子,也不是(2)找到对方孩子及家长要求赔偿 ,更不是(3)要求学校/daycare对此次事件进行经济赔偿(医药费、误工费等等) ,而是 (1)学校/daycare没有按照规定file report,(2)学校/daycare 侵犯了家长的知情权,(3)学校/daycare可能存在师生比例不合格等管理上的问题。

因为那位妈妈没有说孩子的年龄,也没有介绍孩子是在daycare还是public elementary school,姑且暫认是在daycare的五岁左右小朋友。如果是上小学,下面的第一条仍然适用但条款名称不同。

如果学校咬死accident免责(学校无需赔偿学生及家长损失),一下几点可以作为切入:
            1. The person in charge of a school (principal) shall provide a child's parent with information concerning incidents pertaining to the child. Logged entries shall include the name and date of birth of the child, the place, date and time of the accident or injury, names and positions of staff and other adults present, a brief statement as to how the accident or injury occurred, emergency treatment obtained, if any, and parental notification made or attempted.(§43.21.d) In New York State, the school is mandatory to file the Incident Report for Child Day Care form when the incident occurs.

学校方并没有提供任何信息或进行说明, 已经违反了NY Child Care regulations。因此家长可以联系Office of Children and Family Services, Division of Child Care Services, 进行投诉。(https://ocfs.ny.gov/main/childcare/safety.asp,电话800-732-5207)。如在NYC,可电话311联系Department of Health。

2. When the injuries happened, what was the teacher-student ratio on the playground? The school might not have enough qualified staff members on hand to supervise and monitor children and their activities, and that might leave children vulnerable to a wide range of accident injuries such as getting injured by other children. 这里不去纠事件的性质(对方孩子是不是故意的,有没有前科)或严重程度(出多少血),而是质疑学校的师生比是否在规定范围之内( 3y-5y, 1:20 in the classroom for academic activities; for other activities: 3y-4y, 1:10; 4y-5y, 1:12; 5y-6y, 1:25, NY州规定)。

家长可以要求office of Children and Family Services 或Department of Health 介入,从以上两点出发,审查幼儿园的执照资格。

最后再多嘴一句,此类事件中不要也不能追问对方学生的信息,也不可以通过其他途径联系对方家长。经济赔偿自己不要主动提,要占据道德的制高点,从规章制度和资格审查上入手。

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------《女儿在学校被同学用石头砸破头,应该怎么和学校交涉》的妈妈,希望这个回答能帮到您。

我觉得这个答案可能能帮助(以后帮助)一些对这方面需要帮助的家长,就单独开了帖子。

1.您应当马上联系校长。 明天给学校打电话,要求直接跟校长对话。(回帖中好多人建议报警,很可惜警察是不会受理学校发生的incident的。也不能查找是哪个学生扔的石块或找人家家长,只能纠校方的责任)
2. 保留照片证据,拍多角度孩子伤口,整体状态,认真记录孩子从今天开始的情绪、心理、生理反应 (如是否情绪低落、抵触学校,害怕看到血、晚上睡觉是否会惊醒等等)。
3.下面的话你可以直接复述给校长:
As promoted by the NYDoE and required by the New York State’s Dignity for All Students Act,  schools should promote safe learning environments to students so they can pursue academic excellence and social and emotional growth. However, what happened to my daughter yesterday made us doubt whether this school could provide safety during her days at school.  I was told by the nurse that there was a tinny wound on my daughter's forehead after I arrived. I did not receive any information about what happened or where did it happen. My daughter's clothes had already been changed, and she was having a bandage on the wound by that time. I was shocked when I saw the blood on her shirt and the actual size of the wound when we got home (如果是面谈,此处上照片,如果孩子有反常的心理、生理、情绪表现,进行描述)。

After this incident, I would like to discuss with you about several things. First, as required by the Safe Schools Against Violence in Education (SAVE) Act, all schools need to file Violent and Disruptive Incident Reports (VADIRs). In New York City, schools first file an incident report within 24 hours of its occurrence. I believe that as the parent, I have the right to receive an incident report as well to know what happened to my daughter. Since I have not received one, I am wondering whether the school has filed it to the SSEC? Also, violent and disruptive incidents reports must be maintained at the school until my daughter or the other person involved in the incident reaches the age of 27  and must be made available for review upon request by SED and/or auditors. So I am wondering whether the school is keeping the report as it supposes to be?

The second question is about the school's safety plan. Do we have an emergency response team or a post-incident response team? What is the process after incidents, and how can we make sure such incident will not happen to my daughter or any other student again? I encourage you to speak with the involved teacher and have a further investigation about the incident.

I believe you understand how sorrowful I was last night, and how hard I want my daughter to enjoy her school life within a safe environment. At this point, I would like to keep working with the school about the incident, and I would also like to reserve my rights to contact the DoE and SSEC, as well as to take suitable legal actions.

祝孩子早日康复不留疤!

来自: iPhone客户端

评分

参与人数 1金钱 +100 收起 理由
ss枫叶红了呢 + 100 乐于助人!

查看全部评分

回复

使用道具 举报

博士后

发表于 2018-5-10 21:37:33 来自手机 | 显示全部楼层
楼主好厉害
来自: iPhone客户端