扫码下载 App
联系我们
1框架
查看: 3526|回复: 0

[OPT/EAD/H1B] EAD卡没收到怎么办

[复制链接]

小学生

发表于 2018-3-8 16:14:18 | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式
1. Even if you have your name on the mailbox (as I did), the card may still be returned. Though you received the receipt and approval notice, it does not mean you will receive the card safely as well. For a priority mail with return request, it is most safe for a postman to return it, rather than put it in a wrong mailbox. So they normally did so. Here are my suggestions: 1.) Put both your name on and inside the mailbox. Some careless postman will not see anything on the mailbox when they open it. You should also put a notice on or inside the mailbox saying do not return the priority mail. 2.) It will be much reliable to choose school as the mailing address. 3.) Track it. Wait for the postman on the expected delivery date.

2. If you found you did not receive the card, first thing is to look at the tracking history and contact USPS (local post office) as soon as possible. If your tracking shows undeliverable, the card will be kept in the local post office for a week and then returned. Go to the post office and get it within a week. If your tracking status shows delivered, but you did not receive it, contact USPS and USCIS immediately. Make sure whether your card has been returned or it is lost. In my case, even USPS shows delivered, my card is actually returned back to USCIS after I contacted them. If USCIS cannot locate it and the card was not returned, your card may be lost. That is the worst case actually (with very low probability as postman may not risk it). In that case, put a notice in your mailbox to see if anyone got it wrongly so that you can get it back (very unlikely). Then, replace the card immediately. It may take up to 3 months again to receive the new card, but at least you should work with the replacement receipt (depend on employer). I will talk later how to expedite in this case. Then find USPS again and made a complaint. They are not really helpful to locate your card until you said you would make a complaint.

3. If your card was returned and you made the resend request, make sure your mailing address is correct. Each time when you contact USCIS, let them transfer to Tier 2 officer and the first level customer service is not that helpful. The return process generally takes 30 to 60 days. I have tried different ways trying to expedite the case. Here is what I learned: Info pass may be helpful, but very hard to make appointment for the next 2 weeks. Ombudsman helpful, but very slow. Normally when you try to expedite the case by yourself, it will be rejected. So, the most effective way is to contact local congressman. That is the critical step for me to receive my card. Let the congressman contact USCIS and expedite on your behalf. It will be better if you can show that you have a very clear start date to work, and you may lose the job if you cannot work on time. The congressman is very helpful, and USCIS takes it very seriously. I called USCIS everyday and they just let me to wait. They resent the card three days after the congressman contacted them on my behalf.

4. After your card was returned, do not trust the online status anymore. I have received my card now but the status still says 'Cards returned undeliverable'. Three ways to solve it. 1) Call USCIS every other day. 2) The congressman will contact you with the tracking number once your card was resent. 3) USPS informed delivery so that you can see what package is arriving once it has been sent out.

5. This is a very stressful process, and I do hope no one will go through it anymore. I have two pieces of advice. 1) You can definitely avoid this if you did what I said in point one. 2) Good news is eventually everyone will get the card. Bad news is it may take a long time. Be patient, and do not lose
hope.

本身是给学校的OIE写的建议,所以是英文的,发出来希望能够帮助其他和我类似的人。耐心等待,就算卡被returnl做到上述几点还是可以在一个月内拿到的。Good Luck!

回复

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 立即注册

本版积分规则

返回顶部